Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Village of North Palm Beach, Florida, a Florida municipal corporation located in Palm Beach County, Florida (“Village”), is accepting qualification proposals for firms that can provide professional planning and design services to develop a master plan for the Village of North Palm Beach’s Osborne Park and Community Center until 2:00 P.M. EST on February 10, 2023, at the Village Clerk’s Office, Village Hall, 501 U.S. Highway One, North Palm Beach, FL 33408. Qualification proposals received after the aforementioned date and time will be returned unopened.
The complete Request for Qualifications, including all specifications and forms, may be obtained by bona fide proposers upon application at the Village of North Palm Beach, 501 U.S. Highway One, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408, Demand Star or from the Village website at www.village-npb.org.
Sealed qualification proposal envelopes should be marked “RFQ for Professional Planning and Design Services to Develop a Master Plan for the Village of North Palm Beach’s Osborne Park and Community Center.” The Village shall evaluate the qualification proposals in accordance with the criteria set forth in the RFQ. The Village anticipates an award to the proposer with the proposal determined by the Village to be most advantageous. The Village may conduct interviews and/or require presentations as part of the evaluation process. The Village shall not be liable for any costs incurred by any proposer in connection with its response to this RFQ. The Village reserves the right to reject all RFQ submittals, to waive any formalities, to solicit and re-advertise for new RFQ submittals, or to abandon the project in its entirety.
VILLAGE OF NORTH PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
Publish: Palm Beach Post
Date: January 10, 2023
Publish: Demand Star
Scope of Work:
The Village of North Palm Beach, Florida (“Village”), a Florida municipal corporation located in Palm Beach County, is accepting sealed qualification proposals for Professional Planning and Design Services to Develop a Master Plan for the Village of North Palm Beach’s Osborne Park and Community Center (“Master Plan”) until 2:00 P.M. EST on February 6, 2023, at the Village Clerk’s Office, Village Hall, 501 U.S. Highway One, North Palm Beach, FL 33408. Proposals received after the aforementioned date and time will be returned unopened.
The Master Plan should assess current conditions and existing issues at both parks, analyze future opportunities and constraints, and gain input from the community on the desired uses, facilities, amenities, and services.
The Master Plan resulting from this work effort will be used as a guide for future renovation and/or redevelopment of Osborne Park and the Community Center.
Specific tasks to include in the Plan include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Inventory and analyze current park infrastructure, facilities (both indoor and outdoor), and equipment
2. Review plans and other documents as needed to provide background information
3. Identify deficiencies and how they can be corrected, changed or improved
4. Identify potential for development and improved utilization (especially for the Community Center stage, lobby, offices, and front entry area)
5. Identify, describe and implement a comprehensive strategy and methodology for citizen involvement (public engagement)
6. Identify current and future community needs
7. Identify current and future recreation trends
8. Identify future best uses of both parks
9. Evaluate and identify short and long-range vision
10. Identify potential funding sources and strategies
11. Create Draft Plan and recommendations
12. Establish implementation phases and strategy based on priorities
13. Estimate costs of proposed facilities, infrastructure, and/or equipment in each phase
14. Deliver Final Document organized in an easy to read format that can be adopted by the Village
1. The consultant and the Village’s Director of Parks and Recreation shall hold progress meetings as often as necessary, but in no case less than once (1) per month, until the final plan is approved by Village Council for the purpose of progress reporting.
2. The Director of Parks and Recreation shall schedule the meetings, as necessary, at key times during the development of the Master Plan.
1. Project kick-off, existing conditions inventory and analysis
2. Review of plans and documents
3. Identification of deficiencies and potentialities
4. Public engagement
5. Development and analysis of future trends and needs
6. Development of vision, design guidelines and implementation strategy
7. Master Plan development
Development of Final Plans and Supporting Materials
1. A summary of existing conditions, deficiencies, potentialities, recreation trends, and community needs.
2. Short and long-range visions.
3. Charts, graphs, maps and/or other data as needed to support the plan and its presentation to the appropriate audiences.
4. A Financial Plan.
5. An Action Plan.
6. Plan must present a clear and articulate “road map” for the future of both parks.
7. A color version of the final Master Plan document with drawings for distribution to the public. The report will also be provided in digital format to the Village.
8. A minimum of two (2) meetings with Village Council, one at the time of the presentation of the draft Master Plan, and one at the adoption of the final Master Plan.
Preliminary Project Schedule
The following tentative schedule is anticipated for selection, contract negotiations and contract award. Contract award will be expected in February/March 2023. The Master Planning associated with this proposal will commence on or about March 2023. The timeline that is projected for the preparation and completion of the Master Plan for the Village of North Palm Beach’s Osborne Park and Community Center is six (6) to nine (9) months from the Village Council’s approval of the Contract.