- About Us
- Wireless Access Policy
Wireless Access Policy
- All wireless users must agree to North Palm Beach Public Library’s Computer Resources and Internet Access policy and by entering the wireless services of North Palm Beach Public Library you are accepting existing internet policies
- Library staff cannot provide assistance with your laptop, network card, or configuration because the library does not accept the liability of handling customer equipment.
- Wireless access will be filtered.
- Headphones are mandatory for programs requiring sound.
- Wireless access should not be considered secure.
- The North Palm Beach Public Library is not responsible for damage or loss caused by viruses. All wireless users are strongly encouraged to install anti-virus software to protect their computer from outside threats. Users are also strongly encouraged to keep all wireless devices up-to-date with security patches and updates provided by the operating system vendor. As an additional measure of protection users are encouraged to use a personal firewall on their wireless device.
- Wireless users will not be permitted to perform vulnerability assessments or scans against the library’s networks. Any such intrusions will be deemed as a violation of library policy and subject to immediate revocation of library privileges.
- Users will not be permitted to mount an attack, hack, attempt to hack, scan, sniff, packet flood, spoof (user accounts or IP addresses), or perform security assessments against any library owned workstation, server, router, switch, patron computer, or outside network through the wireless access points provided by the North Palm Beach Public Library.
- The Library does not assume responsibility for any damages caused by or from using North Palm Beach Public Library’s wireless access.
- Any person attaching a wireless device to the North Palm Beach Public Library network is responsible for the security of the device and for any intentional or unintentional activities from or to the network pathway the device is using. Users must guard against abuses that disrupt or threaten the network and any systems connected to it.
- All North Palm Beach Public Library policies not covered by this policy are applicable.