FLOOD & Hurricane Preparedness
The Village of North Palm Beach works with local, state and federal agencies to prepare for hurricanes, flooding and severe storms, and to prepare for other disasters whether natural, accidental or intentional.
The agency that coordinates emergency preparation and response locally is the Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management.
The Village recommends that all residents prepare for storms and disasters by familiarizing themselves with the planning guide published on the Division of Emergency Management website: www.ReadyPBC.com.
- Make a plan
- Build a kit
- Get involved
- Be informed
To begin your plan, find out if you are in an evacuation zone. You can find this information by using this Evacuation Zone Map tool .
Next, locate an evacuation risk shelter so you know where to go if you need to.
- The Division of Emergency Management also recommends that you sign up for "AlertPBC," which is the County's Emergency Notification System, which sends text or voice messages to your phone.
- You can download Palm Beach County's information app (cell phones & iPads only). It's called PBC DART, which stands for "Palm Beach County Disaster Awareness and Recovery Tool," and it provides residents with information and resources to prepare for a disaster and report damage afterward.
Specifically for Village Residents
In an emergency, or if a major storm approaches, the Village will put out information of particular importance to Village residents and businesses. There are several ways to get updates:
- Follow the Village on Facebook at /VillageNPB
- Follow the Village on Twitter at @VillageNPB
- Get notifications of emergency information sent directly to your phone or email from the Village. Select "Severe Weather, Public Health & Safety Notices" under "Notify Me" on this notifications page, and you will get regular updates if a storm or disaster threatens.
Flood Risk Resources
Other Useful Resources
Learn About Hurricanes
Local Mitigation Strategy
After a storm, keep in touch ...
Get notifications of emergency information sent directly to your phone or email from the Village. Select "Severe Weather, Public Health & Safety Notices" under "Notify Me" on this notifications page, and you will get regular updates after a storm or disaster.
Brochures and fliers with emergency information will be placed in these Village buildings:
- Village Hall
- The Parks and Recreation office in Anchorage Park
- The Community Center
- The Village Library
- The North Palm Beach Country Club
- The Public Works Department on Prosperity Farms Road
NOTE: This will be done ONLY if there is widespread failure of other methods of communication, such as Internet failure.
The Shops at Village Square
420 U.S. Highway, 1
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Phone: (561) 841-3365
Community Development Director
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.