At their meeting Thursday, August 12, the North Palm Beach Village Council took the following actions:
- Listened to a presentation from the Village Environmental Committee about a proposal to establish a community garden in Osborne Park.
- Denied a request to rezone a 1.95-acre property at Richard Road and Alternate A1A from "Commercial Transitional" to "Commercial Shopping" and allow development of a 7-Eleven gas station and convenience store.
- Postponed until October 14 the adoption of a Zoning in Progress ordinance regulating the construction of single-family homes until an Ad Hoc citizens committee can be formed to study the issue and provide a recommendation,
- Postponed a proposal to expand the outdoor seating area at Belle’s restaurant in Old Port Cove.
- Postponed until August 26 the first reading of Ordinance 2021-12, which would create the Prosperity Village Planned Unit Development on approximately 2.34 acres on Prosperity Farms Road, south of Allamanda Drive.
- Approved a plan for renovation of Golf Course restrooms costing $47,500.
- Approved a plan to lease 80 GPS-equipped golf carts, a utility hauler, a shuttle and a beverage cart for the Country Club.
- Approved an agreement with the PBC School District for reciprocal use of various facilities by the Village and the Conservatory School, such as Village athletic fields and and the school parking lots and cafeteria.
- Established an Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Rate of $7.78 for determining the annual stormwater management utility assessment on future tax bills.
- Disclaimed a drainage easement at the southeast corner of Prosperity Farms Road and Allamanda Drive.
- Approved a minor modification to the North Palm Beach Commons Memory Care Planned Unit Development under construction on U.S. 1 just south of the U.S. Post Office. The request is for the relocation of a utility pole and to modify the landscape and site plans.
- Selected Mayor Darryl Aubrey as the Village's voting delegate for the Palm Beach County League of Cities.
- Listened to a presentation about dry storage in Anchorage Park.
Listen to a recording of the August 12 Council meeting (not online yet)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
The Council’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 26 at 7 p.m. The public is welcome to attend or watch online here.
There also will be a Council budget workshop on Thursday, August 19 at 6 p.m. in the Country Club banquet room. The public is welcome to attend that meeting also.
For more information contact:
Village of North Palm Beach