Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, December 9th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider on 1st reading an ordinance change to define and prohibit "fractional" ownership units and time-share units in the Village's Residential Zoning Districts.
- Consider proposed updates to the Village's parking regulations and formalize the parking citation procedure.
- Consider approval of contract changes with All Florida Tree and Landscape for arboricultural services at the Country Club, to increase the amount of compensation from $40,000 to $49,048.
- Consider changing the Village's Pay Plan to include two additional part-time Solid Waste Refuse Collector positions.
- Consider approval of changes to the Contract with J.W. Cheatham, LLC for the milling, resurfacing and striping of specified Village roadways, modifying the scope and increase the total amount of the Contract by $46,191.90.
- Listen to a presentation by consulting engineers about establishing a long-term Master Plan to bury electric power and utility lines underground throughout the Village.
- Listen to a consultant's presentation and market analysis about the Twin Cities Mall property at the southwest corner of U.S. 1 and Northlake Boulevard. The analysis will be used to guide future regulatory plans about the property's development.
- Discuss the idea of implementing a parking pass system at Lakeside Park.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. The meetings are streamed using Zoom technology, which allows participation on the internet and by telephone.
Watch or listen live here
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach