Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, March 24th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider approval of a Resolution accepting the results of the March 8th municipal election.
- Administration of council Member oaths.
- Nomination and appointment of Council Officers (Mayor, vice Mayor, President Pro Tem).
- Consider on 1st reading, an ordinance formally adopting the year-round landscaping irrigation conservation measures set by the South Florida Water Management District, allowing Village Code Compliance Officers to enforce the the measures.
- Consider on 1st reading, approval of changes to the Collective Bargaining Unit with Village Firefighters, raising the cap on retirement benefits and increasing employee contributions to the benefit plan.
- Consider on 1st reading, a motion to modify on-street parking requirements in the area of Lakeside Park to prohibit parking on the street on all days of the week, except for residents and their guest.
- Consider approval of additional engineering services for the installation of a fire hydrant for the Anchorage Park Marina Dry Storage Compound at a cost of $8,500 .
- Consider approving changes to the contract with J.W. Cheatham LLC for milling, resurfacing and striping of roads, modifying the scope of the work and increasing the contract amount by $44,729 to $713,679.
- Consider a Resolution to adopt the 2021 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Consider approving a an agreement with FDOT to provide funding for the project to replace the U.S. 1 bridge over the Earman River.
- Discuss the proposed use of $2.2 million of Village net income from 2021 for various equipment and capital needs. If Council approves, staff will present an amendment to the FY2022 budget for Council consideration at the April 14th and April 28th meetings.
- Discuss the regulation of utility trailer parking in residential neighborhoods.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. The meetings are streamed using Zoom technology, which allows participation on the internet and by telephone.
Watch or listen live here
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach