Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, April 28th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider on 1st reading, modifying the definition of the term “dwelling unit” to eliminate the allowance of units with no bedrooms or one-bedroom to be counted as one-half of a dwelling unit for purposes of calculating project density.
- Consider on 2nd reading, reclassifying debt for vehicle leases as "other financing uses/sources," as recommended by the Village Auditor. The request also recommends transferring $2,000,000 in net income from the General Fund unassigned fund balance to the Village’s Capital Improvement 26 Plan Fund.
- Consider on 2nd reading, adopting and implementing recommendations from the Ad Hoc Residential Code Revision Committee, affecting requirements for minimum landscaping area, building height, the width of driveways in swales, the redirection of runoff water toward swale areas, the requirement of conceptual grading and drainage plans, and onsite storage.
- Consider approval of an agreement with Palm Beach County for the use of grant funds of $3,702 for emergency medical services equipment.
- Consider declaring as surplus eight Kubota trash collection vehicles and authorizing their disposal.
- Consider approval of engineering services from Engenuity Group to create two designs for the reconstruction of Lighthouse Drive bridge at a cost of $91,288.
- Appointment of Village Auditor Selection Committee.
- Consider approval of the purchase of new air conditioning equipment at Village Hall at a cost of $194,000.
- Consider approval of the purchase of new playground equipment at Anchorage Park, at a cost of $438,000.
- Discuss strategic priorities for 2023.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. The meetings are streamed using Zoom technology, which allows participation on the internet and by telephone.
Watch or listen live here
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach