Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, August 25th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Florida League of Cities will present a Mayor John Land Years of Service Award to Vice Mayor David Norris.
- Florida Senate legislative update from Senator Bobby Powell, District 30.
- Consider on 1st reading, revising the Village Code of Ordinances to specifying rules for employee compensation during a declared state of emergency.
- Consider accepting a $150,000 grant from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for preparation of the Village's Stormwater Master Plan.
- Consider approval of changes to the Police Collective Bargaining Agreement clarifying who is eligible for assignment pay.
- Consider approval of a contract with Drive on Cart Path Systems for concrete cart path work at the golf course at a cost not to exceed $50,000.
- Consider approval of an agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation for decorative art wraps around traffic control boxes on U.S. 1.
- Consider adopting the non-ad valorem assessment roll for the Stormwater Management Utility Assessment.
- Consider approving the Auditor Selection Committee's final ranking of auditor proposals, approving an Agreement for Auditing Services with Nowlen, Holt and Miner.
- Consider approving the purchase of two stretchers for the Fire Rescue Department at a cost of $66,799.
- Consider approving the purchase of four defibrillators for the Fire Rescue Department at a cost of $124,432.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Brightview Golf Maintenance for pond repair and stabilization, and the installation of a retaining wall and drainage improvements at the golf course, at a cost of $105,324.
- Hold a discussion about structural recertification for buildings taller than four stories.
- Hold a discussion about regulating smoking in Village parks.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the August 25th Council meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach