Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, September 22nd, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Issue a Proclamation for Gold Star Families Remembrance Week.
- Issue a Proclamation for Arbor Day.
- Consider on 2nd reading, approving a final property tax rate of 7.05 mils, which equals $7.05 for every $1,000 of taxable property value, for 2023, and consider for approval a proposed final budget of $37,344,962 for 2023. The Council could approve a lower tax rate, but not a higher one.
- Consider on 2nd reading, approval of a proposal to change the calculation of police officer retirement benefit rates, raising the cap on retirement benefits from 75 to 80 percent of salary, and increasing the employee contribution multiplier from 2.75 to 3 percent.
- Consider approval of a Dimensional Exception Application for a Recreational Vehicle on Oyster Road.
- Consider approval of a merit increase of 4.4% to the Village Clerk.
- Consider approving a Blanket Purchase Order with Bibliotheca in an amount not to exceed $25,000 for Village Library access to electronic books.
- Consider approval of a Ninth Amendment to an agreement for Grant Services with RMPK Funding, with compensation for 2023 not to exceed $20,000.
- Consider amending a Licensing Agreement with Richard Cavanah to continue use of the Country Club Pool for organized swim training activities.
- Consider approval of the purchase of Interior Air Purification Systems from RGF Environmental Group at a cost of $42,176.
- Consider approval of a proposal from Beach Environmental Exterminating at a cost of $28,948 for termite treatment at the Public Safety building.
- Consider approving an amendment to an Agreement with NZ Consultants for long-range planning and zoning services, increasing the compensation by an amount not to exceed $130,000.
- Consider approving an amendment to an Agreement with C.A.P. Government for building inspection services and increasing the amount of compensation to $150,000.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Tyler Technologies for the addition of a MUNIS Work Order Module for the Public Works Department at a cost of $98,450.
- Consider approving an amendment to a contract with Brightview Golf Maintenance to provide for an adjustment in compensation not to exceed $106,412.
- Consider approving a Third Amendment to a contract with AK Building Services for janitorial services, increasing the compensation by an amount not to exceed $184,145.
- Consider approving a minor amendment to the Shoppes at City Centre Planned Unit Development to revise the approved building colors.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the September 22nd Council meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach