Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, April 13th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package:
- Consider on 1st reading, a ordinance change that will allow Council to have more flexibility when determining the order of meeting agenda items.
- Consider on 2nd reading, amending the Country Club Budget for Fiscal Year 2023 to utilize $200,000 in fee revenues to fund Capital Projects at the golf course.
- Consider approval of a contract with Tiresoles of Broward for the purchase of up to $50,000 of tires for Village vehicles.
- Consider a proposal from Eaton Corporation to replace Emergency Uninterrupted Power System at the Public Safety Building at a total cost of $49,500.
- Consider approval of an additional payment of $14,000 to Southern Sewer Equipment Sales and Service for the installation of additional safety equipment and a modification of the paint scheme on a front-end loader truck.
- Consider approval of the installation of artificial turf at the Anchorage Park playground at a total cost of $66,000.
- Consider approving a proposal for Haverland AG Innovations to convert three existing softball infields to turf grass at the Community Center at a total cost of $134,000.
- Consider approving a proposal from Brightview Golf Maintenance for Summer Capital Projects at the golf course at a total cost of $184,000.
- Consider appointment of a voting delegate and alternates for PBC League of Cities.
- Listen to the audit Committee's annual report.
- At the end of the meeting, the Council will hold a workshop on a proposal to amend the Village Comprehensive Plan and zoning regulations that affect building height and setbacks at the former Twin Cities Mall site, as well as the process for requesting approval of a PUD. They also will review the Ad Hoc Committee's recommendations to revise zoning regulations to allow sheds at single family homes, and to require two off-street parking spaces for each. See the Workshop agenda and related paperwork.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach