Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, June 8th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Listen to a legislative update from Florida District 24 Senator Bobby Powell.
- Consider approval of a proposal from Advanced Recreational Concepts for the purchase and installation of a new shade canopy for the Community Center for the installation of new canopy at a cost of $6,494..
- Consider approving a contract for tree trimming services with Precision Landscape Company, increasing the amount of the contract for the remaining two years by $50,000.
- Consider on 2nd reading, approving proposed ordinance changes that affect the composition and terms on the Golf Advisory Board.
- Consider on 1st reading approval of proposed zoning text changes relating to setback requirements in the Commercial Mixed-Use District along U.S. Highway 1. Staff is recommending the setback changes to address unforeseen and unintended consequences of recent changes to state law. The Village Planning Commission will consider the proposed changes on Tuesday, June 6th.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Ranger Construction Industries for milling and resurfacing of specified Village roadways at a cost not to exceed $414,429.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach