Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, July 13th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Listen to a legislative update from Florida State Senator Bobby Powell, District 24..
- Consider approval of the purchase of police radio equipment and accessories from Communications International at a cost of $39,866.
- Consider approving on 2nd reading, changes to the Village Comprehensive Plan affecting the site of the former Twin Cities Mall, also known as the C-3 business district. The propposed changes would reduce maximum allowable building height in the C-3 district, will require setbacks that are greater than current regulations, and will require a 10-foot "stepback" for floors after the fourth story of a building.
- Consider on 2nd reading, a proposed policy regulating use of artificial turf at residences, what types of materials will be allowed, and what installation requirements will be. Many homeowners are turning to artificial turf as a means of replacing all or part of their existing lawns with a similar green surface that does not require irrigation or growth management.
- Consider a motion to confirm the appointment of Philippa Davis as Deputy Village Clerk.
- Consider accepting a proposal from First Florida Insurance Brokers to provide Property, Casualty and Workers’ Compensation Insurance through Public Risk Management of Florida at an estimated cost of $951,436.
- Consider designating a voting delegate for the Florida League of Cities Conference.
- Listen to an update from the Village Manager about Lakeside Park.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach