Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, July 20th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Consider approval of a Blanket Purchase Order for the Public Works Department with GT Supplies in the amount of $75,000 for dumpster repairs.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Integrity Landscape for swale renovations on specified Village roadways at a cost of $32,300.
- Consider approving on first reading an Ordinance to modify the requirements for boat ramp stickers, changing the position on the vehicle/trailer where the sticker must be displayed. The new position proposed would be on the front left side of the trailer frame.
- Consider transferring $800,000 from the Country Club Special Projects Fund to the Country Club Construction and Major Renovation Account, to fund the replacement of tennis court lighting and fencing.
- Consider changing the Village Code of Ordinances to remove the annual tax for Canvassers and Solicitors, modify the permissible hours for soliciting door-to-door, and clarifying the enforcement on private property.
- Consider approval of a maximum property tax rate of 7.00 for Fiscal Year 2024 and establishing a date, time, and place for the first reading on the Tentative Budget and Proposed Millage Rate. The current rate is 7.00 and the final rate will be set in September, but can be no more than the limit set at the July 27 meeting.
- Consider appointing Kevin M. Wagner as the Village’s Alternate Code Enforcement Special Magistrate.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Action Sports Netting for the installation of Golf Course Netting at the Country Club, at a cost of $176,985.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach