Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, August 10th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Consider a proposal from BD Environmental Group for the installation of Cured In Place Pipe Liners at three locations within the Village at a cost of $28,900.
- Consider a proposal from Inliner Solutions for the installation of Cured In Place Pipe Liners on Privateer Road at a cost of $33,761.
- Consider on first reading amending a Village Ordinance affecting home-based businesses, bringing the Ordinance into compliance with new state law.
- Consider approving on second reading, a Village Ordinance to modify the requirements for boat ramp stickers, changing the position on the vehicle/trailer where the sticker must be displayed. The new position proposed would be on the front left side of the trailer frame.
- Consider on second reading transferring $800,000 from the Special Projects Fund to the Country Club Construction and Major Renovation Account to fund the replacement of the tennis court lighting and fencing.
- Consider on second reading, Ordinance changes to remove the annual tax for Canvassers and Solicitors, and to modify the permissible hours for soliciting door-to-door (new times are from 9 a.m. through 8 p.m.). The Council also will consider setting a requirement for solicitors to visibly wear their Village-issued ID while working in Village neighborhoods.
- Consider approving and ranking of firms for the completion of a Master Plan for Osborne Park and the Community Center.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Daniels Fence Corp. for the supply and installation of new fencing around the Community Center Athletic Field at a cost not to exceed $99,411.
- Consider approving a contract with Musco Sports Lighting for the purchase and installation of new tennis court lighting at the Country Club at a cost of $650,000.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach