Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, August 24th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Consider approving and accepting proposals from six firms to provide General Planning Services on an as-needed basis.
- Consider a proposal from D.S. Eakins Construction Corporation for the installation of a check valve to prevent saltwater intrusion into the golf course ponds at a cost of $34,325.
- Consider approving a Blanket Purchase Order for the Public Works Department with Al Packer, Inc. in the amount of $35,000 for vehicle parts and repairs.
- Consider on 2nd reading, Village Ordinance changes affecting home-based businesses, bringing the existing Ordinance into compliance with new state law.
- Consider on 2nd reading, a proposed policy regulating use of artificial turf at residences, what types of materials would be allowed if approved, and what installation requirements will be.
- Consider amending the employee Comprehensive Pay Plan to revise the pay grade for the position of Building Construction Inspector and Senior Building Construction Inspector.
- Consider accepting a bid proposal from Action Sports Netting at the Country Club at a cost of $176,985.
Workshop at end of meeting
- After the Regular Council meeting, the Council will hold a workshop to review ideas about traffic calming and beautification for Lighthouse Drive. The Workshop will include discussion about the possible addition of bike lanes and other changes. See the Workshop agenda here
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach