Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, Sept. 14th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Consider approving a tenth amendment to an agreement for grant services work with RMPK Funding. RMPK has been managing grant search and awards for the Village for nine years.
- Consider approval of an application for State Aid to Libraries Grant Funding.
- Consider approving a modification to the purchase plan of police vehicles from Duval Ford, removing the purchase of one Ford Expedition at a cost of $54,424 and adding the purchase of one Ford F-150 Super Crew Hybrid, at a cost of $46,140, resulting in a revised total purchase price of $245,268.
- Consider approving a $10,000 increase to a purchase order with Tire Soles of Broward for $60,000 for the purchase of tires for Public Works Department vehicles.
- Consider amending a contract with AK Building Services for janitorial services, extending the term for three months at a cost not to exceed $38,497.
- Consider accepting cash donations from the Friends of the Library in excess of $25,000 for Fiscal Year 2024 and approving or denying the solicitation of donations (sponsorships) for the Anchors Aweigh Fishing Tournament, the Halloween Festival, and Heritage Day.
- Consider approving a Contract with Team Plan to develop a Master Plan for Osborne Park and the Community Center at a cost not to exceed $60,000.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Stuart A. Fortunato, Inc. for Firehouse Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations at the Public Safety Building at a cost not to exceed $108,180.
- Consider adopting and certifying the Non-Ad Valorem Assessment Roll for the Stormwater Management Utility Assessment for parcels of real property within the corporate limits of the Village.
- After the Regular Meeting, Council will hold a public workshop to discuss the status, funding, and next steps for the Lighthouse Drive Bridge Replacement.
See the Workshop agenda and related material here
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach