Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, Sept. 28th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Issue a proclamation recognizing Palm Beach State Collage's 90th Anniversary.
- Consider on 2nd reading, a final property tax rate of 6.90 mils, which equals $6.90 for every $1,000 of taxable property value, for 2024, and a proposed final budget of $41,226,108.
- Consider a request by Village Staff to amend the Zoning Code to repeal the single family massing provisions adopted by the Village Council in 2022. The change is intended to bring the Code into compliance with new Senate Bill 250, which was enacted after the Council approved the single-family massing provisions and was made retroactive to nullify the Village Code.
- Consider a request by Village Staff to amend the Zoning Code, combining the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment, and renaming the body as the Planning and Zoning Adjustment Board. The proposal was approved by the Commission last week.
- Consider on 1st reading, changing the date of the March 2024 General Election to coincide with the Statewide Presidential Preference Primary.
- Consider approving a Blanket Purchase Order with Baker and Taylor in an amount not to exceed $60,552 for Village Library books.
- Consider approving a Blanket Purchase Order with Bibliotheca in an amount not to exceed $27,000 for Village Library access to electronic books and audiobooks.
- Consider approving a Blanket Purchase Order in the amount of $30,000 with Ani Con Services for plumbing services in the Leisure Services Department.
- Consider approving a Proposal from Marsh Management Systems for Pond Bank Stabilization at the Golf Course at a cost of $50,000.
- Consider appointing a representative and an alternative representative to the Public Risk Management of Florida Board of Directors.
- Consider a proposal from Starfire Corporation to provide the July 4th fireworks display at an annual cost of $30,000.
- Consider a bid for canal dredging services from Coston Marine Services at a cost of $70,350.
- Consider approving the extension of the existing Fee Contract with the Law Firm of Goren, Cherof, Doody & Ezrol, P.A., for lien foreclosure services, increasing the hourly rate to $250.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive viewing technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach