Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, October 12th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Consider suspending the November 23rd and December 28th scheduled Village Council meetings in observance of national holidays.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager and the Village Clerk to execute all documents required to effectuate transactions involving Village vehicles.
- Consider on 2nd reading, amending the Zoning Code to repeal the single family massing provisions adopted by the Village Council in 2022. The change is intended to bring the Code into compliance with new Senate Bill 250, which was enacted after the Council approved the single-family massing provisions and was made retroactive to nullify the Village Code.
- Consider on 2nd reading, amending the Zoning Code to combine the Planning Commission and the Village Board of Adjustment, and renaming the body as the Planning and Zoning Adjustment Board.
- Consider on 2nd reading, changing the date of the March 2024 General Election to coincide with the Statewide Presidential Preference Primary.
- Consider approving a minor amendment to the Memory Care Commercial Planned Unit Development for the installation of a pass-through window consisting of a 3panel garage door on the north side of the commercial outparcel building.
- Consider accepting a Proposal from Daniels Fence Corp. for the removal, disposal and replacement of fencing at the Country Club Tennis Center at a cost not to exceed $235,890.
- Consider approving a contract with Drive Cart Path Systems for concrete cart path curbing, extension and panel replacement at the Country Club Golf Course at a cost not to exceed $50,000.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive viewing technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach