Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, October 26, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package. At the meeting, the Council will:
- Formally recognize Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- Present a Certificate of Appreciation to former Village Manager Dr. Joe J. Eassa, who served the people of North Palm Beach in the 1960s.
- Consider approval for staff to revise the cost of a contract with Daniels Fence Corp for fence work at the Village Tennis Center, at a cost not to exceed $248,735.
- Consider approving a second Amendment to a contract with Hy-Byrd Incorporated to provide Building Inspection Services through fiscal 2024.
- Consider on first reading amending the 2023 General Fund Budget to account for the use of interest income to fund unforeseen and unbudgeted expenses.
- Consider approving the purchase of firefighter protective clothing (bunker gear) from Bennett Fire Products Company at a cost of $33,685.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive viewing technology is no longer used.
If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach